Wednesday, July 6, 2016

A Much Wanted Walk...

One of these days, I’m gonna buy some new
Shoes. I’ll put on a pair of my favorite socks,
And lace those shoes up tight and nice. I’ll
Grab a bottle of water, and a handful of
Change, and I’m going to walk to you. I’m
Going to walk to you, no matter how far,
I’m going to walk to you, wherever you
Are. I’m going to walk to you, through the
Dark and the light, and maybe I’ll make it
By Saturday night. I’m going to walk to
You, with blistering feet, over brambles
And highways and city streets. I’m going
To walk to you through streams and bogs
And only stop briefly to answer the frogs.
I’m going to walk to you over trails
And thickets, stopping once in a while
To pick off the ticks. I’m going to walk
To you through heat and through rain,
Step after step, with you on my brain.
I’m going to walk to you with my
Arms open wide, to kiss you and
Hold you tight and nice, and maybe,
Just maybe, you’ll walk by my side,
In a pair of your favorite socks, and
A new pair of shoes, and we’ll never,
Ever, look back. One of these days,
I’m going to walk to you, with a bottle
of water, these lips and a handful
of change.

-Ildane

No comments: